Registration: All players must register with proper identification before they are eligible to play in any game. Players not registered will not be allowed to play until they register.
***Players are only eligible to play for one team***
- Roster: Players must have a “Verifiable NAGAAA Rating or ASANA”. If no rating within either database, you must have your league commissioner email us at email@example.com approving that players rating.
- Age: Player must be 18 or older
- Ball Count: 1-1 count, with one courtesy foul
- Home Team: Double Elimination tournament – Higher Seed is Home Team (Including Loser Bracket)
- Championship (1st & 2nd): Undefeated team (Winners Bracket) is Home Team… If game, coin flip will determine Home Team
- Each team may have an extra hitter in the lineup for a maximum of 12 batters.
- Pitching Arch: 6ft – 12ft
- Stealing: No Stealing allowed!
- Run Rule: 20 after 3, 15 after 4, 10 after 5 innings – Run Rule not in affect during Ice Breaker (Round Robin) games
- Courtesy Runner: Teams will be permitted one courtesy runner per inning. The courtesy runner can be any player in on the lineup card for that game (subs must be listed). If the courtesy runner is due up to bat while on base, an out will be recorded in that player’s spot in the batting order.
- Equipment: Bats – Must meet current USA/ASA Guidelines
- Balls: Provided by tournament…
- No metal cleats…
- Game Time: Round Robin: 50 minute drop-dead time limit! Score is recorded at that time, does not revert to previous inning.
**Round robin games may end in a tie**
- Tournament Time: No new inning will begin after 55 minutes!
- Championship game (1st & 2nd): Full 7 innings, no time limit (Run-Rule applies)
- Tie Game: One pitch playoff format after 7 full innings or time limit, whichever comes first! Last batted out goes to second base! This playoff format is referred to as Kansas City Tiebreaker!
- Home Runs: (over the fence) Including round robin games
- Women’s Comp. Division – 3 HR
- C Division – 1 HR
- D, E & Women’s Rec. Division – 0 HR
Note: ‘Over-the-fence’ home runs beyond divisional limits are recorded as an out.
- Uniform Rule – Teams are not required to have like-colored uniforms; Players without numbers will not be permitted to play.
Umpire decisions on balls, strikes, out calls, other judgment calls will not be considered grounds for protest!
Protest procedures – each protest costs $200, and must be paid in cash, at that time. The protest must be made prior to the conclusion of the game. No protest will be heard after the game’s conclusion. The umpire will then stop the game clock and call the tournament director or his proxy, who will then receive the protest. Teams may protest 2 questions, and must be specific as to which questions and which player rating they are protesting. Each subsequent protested question is an extra $50. If a protest is deemed to be valid, the protest fee will be refunded. If protesting, you must provide valid evidence.
- All individual player ratings have been verified using the most up to date NAGAAA, ASANA and league ratings.
- If a player protested above the player-cap within Division – The player will be disqualified from the tournament. That game will be counted as a loss for the team.
- No rating protest allowed during trophy games
***Illegal Bat use: ***
If a batter enters the batters box or hits a ball either fair/foul and found to have used an illegal bat, the batter/runner will be called out. Any advancement of runners on base or runs scored, the runners will be returned to the base that they originally occupied. – Warning will be given to team
if a batter from the same team that received a warning enters the batters box or hits a ball either fair/foul and found to have used an illegal bat, the batter/runner will be disqualified from the tournament. (no debating or discussion)
Suspension of Play:
The Umpire or Field Maintenance Supervisor can suspend Play if inclement weather is approaching or present. If the weather is such that play must be suspended or cancelled during the tournament, the contingency plans are to, speed up play (i.e. one-pitch).
It is the intent of the tournament to provide fair play for all teams. Additionally, the tournament encourages participation through a culturally diverse mix of players. If at any time disparaging remarks are expressed, implied or said from any player(s), that/those player(s) will then be immediately removed from the tournament and the complex at which the event is taking place for the remainder of the tournament. In other words, play nice and respect one another.
- Note: Some of these rules have been modified for the purpose of this tournament. The rules listed above override the ASA rules in the official ASA Rules of Play Guidebook. All other rules of play, not outlined above, are per ASA guidelines.